Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Westin Peachtree Plaza




This is a ceramic model of "America's Tallest Hotel". It is 9 inches high and the base is about 5 inches deep. I guess it is either a mug or a small vase as it is hollow all the way down the shaft. My sister got it for me at a thrift store in Atlanta about 2 years ago and I believe it was under $10. I dislike this miniature because it is pretty crudely made, particulary for it's size. I like it because it is obviously dated and I have never seen another miniature hotel before.
Check out the wikipedia article below
Check out the real tallest hotel in the world

1 comment:

Ben said...

I also have one of these "glasses." However, the front of mine states "World's" tallest hotel. I found mine in a thrift store in Picayune, MS for 99cents. I was working at The Peachtree Plaza when I was on a trip to MS and found this. When I got back to the hotel I asked some of the staff the story behind my new present, and they said they were in fact used as glasses back in the 1980s. They were basically souvenir items that you could buy at The Sundial Restuarant at the top of the hotel.