Thursday, June 7, 2007

Stonehenge

Yet another stonehenge model. This was a small scale test run but I still like the results. I am glad to know that I am not the only copy cat. People who do this make me smile. And now, some history.

Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument located in the English county of Wiltshire, about 8 miles (13 km) north of Salisbury. One of the most famous prehistoric sites in the world, Stonehenge is composed of earthworks surrounding a circular setting of large standing stones. Archaeologists believe the standing stones were erected around 3200 BC and the surrounding circular earth bank and ditch, which constitute the earliest phase of the monument, have been dated to about 3100 BC.

Thanks as always to wikipedia!

2 comments:

ashmantoronto said...

omg I love your collection
I've been collecting magnets for all the places that I've been and a month ago I visited NYC and decided to buy a replica of the Statue of Liberty, and the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.
Now I regret not buying replicas of Big Ben, Golden Gate Bridge, Napa Valley Train and the 'Welcome to Las Vegas' sign. Gotta order them online or ask somebody to buy em for me. Btw, you need a replica of the CN Tower =P

Dave said...

Nice collection and blog. I also write a blog about collecting souvneir buildings: www.BuildingCollector.com Check it out and let me know what you think.